Thursday, August 27, 2009

To The Departed

I planned to write about MJ yesterday as a 2-months anniversary of his death, but due to a high fever and strict internet curfew from my mum (which I am glad she imposed it), I missed the chance to write it yesterday. Though MJ's birthday is Aug 29, another 1 or 2 days. (30th in our region)

The reason why I would want to write about MJ is because of his amazing contributions to the entertainment world and his influence on millions of people including me.

A few months ago, when you mentioned MJ, it is like you're mentioning a joke. Now that he's dead, suddenly we remember what he used to be like for us. He used to be an idol for us. And still is.



As I grow up listening more to Western music compared to Eastern's, I noticed MJ in an early age and MJ is one word but captivating. His presence on stage is enough to spellbind you, and everytime you saw him even in television, you see the arrival of the greatest music icon you'll ever witness.




When you saw his performances in Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal etc, these performances are to be etched in your mind because they are meant to be modern classics.



Still, when his child molestation accusation worsens, I lose my respect for him and believes completely what the tabloids wrote. By then, I was still young, can't really blame me right (?) But now, those who accused him of that have came out and clear his name, confessing of frauding.
Then there's the incident where he see-saws his son, nicknamed Blanket since, by the balcony in front of the paparazzi. And his 101 bizarre behaviours etc.

Most people are disappointed by his actions including me. He falled as a star and changed into a bunch of crap to us. However, we may had forgotten that he is a human like us, only without a childhood, and always been looked up to. So that when he fell from grace into Wacko, we detested him as we had such high expectations from him. We had forgotten he is just a human like we do.


But lets not forget the joy and excitements he brought to us with his fast-paced singles and his smooth ballads plus all those dance moves that is still legendary today. And his contributions as a humanitarian/philantrophies with his Heal The World Aid.

In the end, he will always be remembered as the greatest icon in the 20th century... Lets raise a glass for all the joy and great times he gave us...and remember only the name Michael Jackson, King of Pop, the Moonwalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment