Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MTV Video Music Awards 2009




Honetly, who cares about boring, stupid Emmy, Academy blah blah awards. To me, MTV'S Awards shows always rox..

So, I finally caught the VMA set in New York that Saturday with much anticipation..and it never failed to disappoint..
The show started with Madonna, Queen of Pop, giving an approx 8-mins speech about MJ..(this award show is also a tribute to Michael)..and it almost moved me to tears man..even Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boys is closing his eyes mourning, Jimmy Fallon looked teary eyed..
Here's what Madonna said:

' ... We went out a few more times together, and then for one reason or another we fell out of touch. Then the witch hunt began, and it seemed like one negative story after another was coming out about Michael ... I know what it’s like to feel helpless and unable to defend yourself because the roar of the lynch mob is so loud you feel like your voice can never be heard.
But I had a childhood, and I was allowed to make mistakes and find my own way in the world without the glare of the spotlight.
...When Michael died ... All I could think about in this moment was, “I had abandoned him.” That we had abandoned him. That we had allowed this magnificent creature who had once set the world on fire to somehow slip through the cracks. While he was trying to build a family and rebuild his career, we were all passing judgement. Most of us had turned our backs on him. In a desperate attempt to hold onto his memory, I went on the internet to watch old clips of him dancing and singing on TV and on stage and I thought, “my God, he was so unique, so original, so rare, and there will never be anyone like him again. He was a king.”
... I want to end this on a positive note and say that my sons, age nine and four, are obsessed with Michael Jackson. There’s a whole lot of crotch grabbing and moon walking going on in my house. And, it seems like a whole new generation of kids have discovered his genius and are bringing him to life again. I hope that wherever Michael is right now he is smiling about this.
Yes, Michael Jackson was a human being but he was a king. Long live the king. '


Ya, I know, to some of you MJ is weird etc..whatever..just beat it..
Then, after some dance tribute of MJ's songs, the one I'm waitin for: Janet's tribute to MJ.
The Jackson's have always fascinated me, moreover the bro-sis team collab on 'Scream'.



- Janet's performance on 3:23 - And it is *muax* fantastic..almost made my eyes wet again when I watched Janet touching almost-similiar dance with MJ in the background... Good job, Damita..

Anyway, there's also that jackass dickhead Kanye dissing our dear Taylor Swift. I jz wanna stuck my middle finger onto his damn pussy mouth, such a fking jerk...

Then there's all those performances.. Great ones, by Beyonce (who's gonna perform here at KL on my B*day :) unless PAS Youth chases her away -again- ), fridgin weird but cool Lady Gaga, my favourite P!nk etc.. It's the ladies nite...

Back to reality, there's tonnes- I said it, tonnes of works to do and to pass up / present after sch re-opens.

Damn, I hate my sch, wish it could get burned down...

So, that's it, catch MTV VMA 2009, it's repeating on Channel 713...
bb..

No comments:

Post a Comment